October 22, 2007

Brahma Kumaris Raja Yoga Meditation Centre in Gurgaon

Through a colleague I came to know about the presence of a big centre of Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University which was about 30km from where I lived in Gurgaon. It was called called Om Shanti Retreat Centre (ORC). My wife Nitya and I went there to find out about the possibility to learn methods of meditation. I had recently been diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder and was in need of a lot of help to find mental peace. At ORC a sister explained us the the basis of the need for meditation and many other aspects of spirituality which instantly gave me the inspiration to learn more. She told us that the introductory course for this form of meditation called Raja Yoga is provided at many Brahma Kumaris centres and she gave us a list of the centres in Gurgaon. After going back home I contacted the nearest centre which was in Sector-31 Gurgaon.



I requested the head of the centre for enrolling me in the introductory course and she gave me the date and time for the start of my 7-day course. The first day was on 22nd Oct 2007. It was the most profound and powerful course that I have ever attended. This knowledge gave me the strength to deal with many challenges which were ahead of me - personal, profesional and medical. I have been associated with Brahma Kumaris since then and gaining knowledge every day. This is my photo at Om Shanti Bhavan in Mount Abu where I attended the morning class on 24th Dec 2007 during a short visit to Rajasthan.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this information. it is a such a very nice and useful health concussion information. this is a good blog.

    Yoga classes in Gurgaon

    ReplyDelete