April 1, 2016

Tranquility Base

I started working for the automobile industry in 1997. It gave me the opportunity to gain work experience and learn a very useful skill of 3D modeling using CATIA for which I will always be grateful. The role of a designer and making 3D models using CATIA became a passion for me and I wanted to do it for the rest of my life.

In 2006 as a first-time project manager, I struggled to manage myself, let alone the projects and ended up with depression. After being diagnosed with ADHD (Inattentive Subtype) in Sept 2007, I decided to make some changes in my life. Working as a manager was not working for me so I decided to quit trying to fit in that role and got back to my preferred role of a 3D modeler. My tendency to "Hyperfocus" had always helped me in that role.

In 2007 I first thought of having an independent design centre where I can make 3D models for children who use their imagination and knowledge to think of ideas for creative useful products. Setting up such a design centre along with an astronomy club (stargazing is my other passion) became my dream. During the following years, I received motivation, ideas and support from so many wonderful friends and colleagues to follow my dream.

31st Mar 2016 was my last day of working for the automobile industry and the following day was a new beginning for me as a freelancer operating Tranquility Base ...


No comments:

Post a Comment